Thursday, October 18, 2007

300 Bloody mm... Not Happy J aaaa n !!!!!!!!

I went up to the estate last Sunday after they rang me and said our house will need to be changed because we missed out by 300mm in keeping to 6mtr from road frontage.
Not happy about that at all I mean 300 bloody mm, it is a ruler length for god sake, but anyway I went up to discuss.

I had had my conversations with Daniel in the past and he has been great and even discussed this 300mm issue. He said that it should be OK and would be beneficial of us to get the neighbors approval that they don't mind us being forward of the boundary. Did this not a problem. We put it forward based on our conversations with Daniel for approval.

New person up there now, and it was denied. Flat out denied, no assistance or thoughts just denied. I cracked it big time, probably not the response they expected or wanted but I was pissed. The only help or idea I was given was that we are more than welcome to put it too council to see if they will change this for us, as the estate has been finalised with council based on the original boundaries. 8 Week process and $400 application, no guarantee of approval. (Anyone have thoughts on this) My initial though was/is, Bugger that.

I decided to go back to Nathan at Rawdon Hill and see what we could do with regards to shortening or narrowing the garage slightly to see if that makes a difference, still checking that out. Another option is to shift the house on an angle, but I think it will look crappy (technical term) offset to being straight.

2 comments:

The tales of J&A said...

Major bummer guys!! You wouldn't think 300mm would make that much of a difference to the look of the street but clearly somebody thinks it will!!!! Hope you get it sorted.

Re the house on an angle ... don't do it. Just looks weird. Our neighbours have done it and it just doesn't look right at all.

Gav and Ness said...

No. You wouldn't think 300mm is a big deal would you? Thanks for the house angle thoughts, we are going to see what it looks like on paper before we put definite thoughts down. All though I am with you. We may just have to move the garage back and lose the window to the lounge. Bugger... then we will have a hole in the wall between the study & lounge.... Yuck.... (technical term)