Tuesday, June 17, 2008

It's always good to be on the same page..... It helps when reading aloud..........

Had a good and satisfying meeting with "S" at the builder's this morning. It was good to understand we are all on the same page and still heading in the right direction and schedule.

As a customer you are always nervous, scared and overwhelmed, especially when building for the first time. I have only seen delays, not RH's fault, it was an issue that SEW needed to figure out, over the past weeks and that worries us. I was beggining to worry about time frames and are we even close to original plans. I was assured yes we are a little behind because of SEW, but we should start to play a little/lot of catch up once the slab is cured and frame work is started, providing weather is in our favour.

Being winter I am not too sure about this one though. I can't wait until the roof is on and the bricks are up.

Then it can rain all it likes, just not before hand....

2 comments:

madmel said...

Woo hoo! So glad your slab is done! Have RH given you a completion date? Ours is 29th December!!! God I hope they finish before then! Would love to be in for Christmas! At least it looks like they're getting a move-on for you!
xMel

The tales of J&A said...

Hey Gav - fingers crossed that they do catch up but it's not to the detriment of quality!!

I've been away for a couple of weeks and was blown away by how many 'frames' seem to have popped up in MW since I've been gone. I was sure that I didn't see that many slabs before I left!!!

Not being able to do a U-turn into our estate is a pain in the you know what ... can't wait until this round-a-bout is finished!!!

Looking forward to seeing some pics