Monday, August 11, 2008

Fantastic Job....So far.....

Well yesterday we had our, totally independent, pre-plaster inspection carried out, for which I wanted to be there, to not only see what was checked, but also how and why with what issues if any would cause to be a potential problem.

I would have to say, that after reading so many building horror stories from the homeone.com.au forum, I am a member of, I felt very unsure of what was or could unfold during the inspection. Not that my builder is doing anything wrong, just that I have no idea what I should or could be looking for, as this is the first house I/We have had built. I have always bought established and therefore bough someone elses problems along the way.

To say that I was very relieved, ecstatic, happy and most impressed with the result of the inspection would be to understate the value of not only having the inspection but also the choice of builder we signed with. Out of everything that was inspected and there was a great deal of inspecting and cross referencing, back to the plans and layout, done there was all of two issues noted.

One is approximately, a 2 minute job for the plumbers to fix and the other we will need to speak to the brickies about, regarding a rectification, and as they have only done this much so far, I don't believe it will be an issue either.

One of 2 brickies...

Brickwork close up

Needless to say I am as happy as a proverbial pig in you know what........

On another note , while up there having the inspection done I noticed a few things myself, we now have the dodgy, temp - lock up, door fitted, we also have a bath tub and two shower bases installed and fitted.... Yippeee....

3 comments:

madmel said...

Wow! Looking great guys! Very good news to hear about the inspection! We haven't organised ours yet, so better pull our fingers out! Must say that your post has relieved us a bit! One would assume that if they've done your house right, they'll be doing ours right too!
xMel

The tales of J&A said...

Nice bricks guys. Love that pic on your last post as well with the old farming shack. It may be the worst suburb in Melbourne to build but it sure looks good in that pic!!

Gav and Ness said...

Thanks guys......
Kev said they ahev done an excellent job..... He wanted to know why all builders can't do it this right...... So I supppose a feather in their cap for that... All I wantted to make sure was that we had 100% square walls giving us 100% square corners..lol.
Looks like we got that and then some... yay....