Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sing our praises.....

Praise where praise is due...... that was back on the 11/08........

It is now the 20/08..................... And I have nothing further to show you at all.... nadda, zip, "0", zilch, Sweet "F A", bugger all....... anything else I may have left out I apologise for.......

OK, so it has been raining...... last time I checked the bloody house has a roof on it......... Surely some chippies could have come in to the garage and put up the support bracing for the garage in readiness for the, eventual, return of the brickies..... Nut!!!!!!

Speaking of chippies, they could have also been in to move the window, that is to be moved, again in anticipation of the eventual return of the brickies.

The plumber could have been in to simply do the 10 second fix for the plumbing that is touching the bracing. "When the metal pipes and the metal bracing touches it causes a reaction of the two metals and consequently the weaker, generally the copper pipe, will corrode."

Anyway, since the 11/08 myself and a mate have pre-wired the data cables and aerial coax for the points required, which has been good to do.

Well the brickies arrived yesterday at approx 1.00pm, so I went back at 2.35pm, to see what was happening if anything. Well they were in the middle of packing up for the day.... Bugger me what a fantastic job they have..... All I noticed was the shuffle around of some bricks added to the piles already there around the house.....

Hope something happens today and a lot of it as tomorrow is shitty weather again...........

and then we won't see the bloody brickies again for another two weeks....



2 comments:

madmel said...

Oh big bummer Gav!! I have been checking your blog (yes, a little obsessively I must admit!) and thought, "he's gonna post a blog and the whole damn thing will be finished and I will be SO jealous"!!!! What a shame it isn't so? Our bricks were delivered today, so get ready to rumble boy, we are about to race and try and catch up to you!!!!! And there's 5 weeks til Little Chick arrives! Not long now! I might go and chuck a preggy shot of me on the blog! That will give you a laugh!!!! Hang in there guys! It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!!!!

xMel

Gav and Ness said...

I wouldn't worry about trying to catch up so much... I think you guys just passed us....lol...