Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It's Wednesday silly........

It's Wednesday silly...... Nothing happens on a Wednesday.... Almost never......

Hopefully something will be going on Thursday and Friday.... Cause this no go is pissing me off just a touch.... Considering it is now (well tomorrow) 2 weeks since I was told the painter will be tomorrow to start prep work and then start painting..... NOT....

It is making it bloody hard for Ness to schedule her work around this sort of thing. As a self employed person we need to get some dates of completion... We have now pretty much gathered the the ACTUAL contract date 21/11/08 will be completion..... Which again shits me no end....

We will still have so much to do and organise before hand.....and then with Christmas so damn close, then the wedding on New Years Eve.. It is making it very hard....

Oh well I will see what happens tomorrow.....Keep you posted....

5 comments:

Thuy said...

ooo i hope something exciting happens today! Its Thursday! hehehe

*fingers crossed*

Gav and Ness said...

Hi guys... I think you had inside information... I went there this morning and the bloody painters are finally there and the chippies are back finishing the Alfresco and setting the new replacement windows in... About time... Hopefully we can get some move on now....

Thuy said...

hahaha...thats great news!

...yes i called them up and threatened them! hahahhaha

Anonymous said...

I really hate to say it but be very careful of this builder. We built with them and it's nearly been a year and we are still waiting for major problems to be fixed. Make sure you watch everything that they do and keep on their backs about it. I am totally on Matts side with everything. Please don't get me wrong as I absolutely love my house but I can't stand the builders as they never want to fix things. I wish you all the best and get everything double check by an independant builder away from Carlisle Homes.

Keep me posted on what happens.
Kate

Gav and Ness said...

Thanks Kate... But I am not building with Carlisle Homes... I am building with Rawdon Hill Constructions....& So far, I haven't had anything that I have bought up that hasn't been too hard to get them to fix up... A little bit of good conversation, has gone a long way.. I think.. Because all the fixes haven't cost me a cent.... I know that other builders have tried charging their customers for fix ups.. But I have't had one yet... Don't get me wrong, I have still had to pay for little things that neither one of us had thought about. For example all the dorrs untill, we met for the upgrade things were going to be flush.. We changed them all to be panelled doors.. No one knew about the Solid doors for the Rumpus room not being available in panel doors from their supplier.. So I paid a minimal $170 to get them machine routed... Pretty good I thought...