Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Our new kitchen..... Oooooppps

Well I went up to the house, no longer the block, and went in expecting to see the plasterers back in there this morning being busy little beavers putting up the cornices. But, when I walked in I noticed the kitchen Island bench base going in instead, and turned around and wholly shit batman, the kitchen was installed, except for the kitchen sink..........

My initial thought was, wow, looks great....... But then it dawned on me.... I thought, "aren't those overhead cupboards supposed to be a different colour to the under bench cupboards?"

It appears, I thought aloud!!!!! The installer said, "No, don't tell me that", he checked his paper work and yep there it was all in black and white. "Beige, Beige, Beige, Beige and Kalahari Topaz bench tops"..... I thought , nah, I don't think that is right and told them I would be back shortly as I am only 5 minutes away....

I get home and quickly check our paperwork here and there it was, also in black and white, Beige under bench cupboards, beige kick boards and pearl dust overhead cupboards...


OOOPPPSSS
I went straight back up there and on the way the cabinet maker calls me and says yep there was a stuff up somewhere, there initial paperwork say what mine does and the follow up paperwork doesn't..... For what ever reason.......
So here are some pics of how it looks at the moment.......



Main Bathroom

Our main bathroom.....

Ensuite
Our ensuite.....

Ensuite at eye level
Another veiw of the enuite.....

Laundry
Our laundry

Kitchen Island
Our kitchen island bench and cupboards...

Kitchen
Looking towards the dishwaser space....

Kitchen from family room
The kitchen.....

Kitchen from dining
From another angle....

Kitchen from hall
From yet another angle....

Overhead cupboards
The fridge over heads.....

5 comments:

Thuy said...

woah! congrats on the kitchen!! its looking awesome...not long to go now *fingers crossed*

madmel said...

Looking great!!!! So have RH given you an idea of when they might be finished?????!
xMel

madmel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The tales of J&A said...

Wow!! Awesome guys. It's pretty exciting when it goes from the 'block' to the 'house' isn't it!!!

Your laundry is massive. Having that bench space will be great (we have something similar although our laundry looks about half the size of yours).

Lovely big spacious kitchen too ... well done. Let's hope they change the overhead cupboards soon.

Matt Walker said...

Dood!!

Schweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!

I have just read your blog from the start. Either you are really kind (ahahahahah) or you are having a good build.

Keep it up...and good luck!

Matt