Friday, November 21, 2008

Final Inspection......

Well we had our final inspection yesterday 20/11/08 and all went well, although I think our SS needed some more little sticky thingys...lol...... We ran out of the first pack he bought in.... But we were as picky as all hell though.... But it is our house and I don't want to do any extra stuff.... that should have already been done... I will have enough to do in the coming weeks ahead....

We still have turf, garden, concrete... 150 sq metres of the stuff... Oh My Gawd.....

Everything that was picked up was pretty minor, considering some of the horror stories I have heard about builders.... Mostly painting issues, some missing, scratches from carpet being laid, excess grout in some places and some tiles in the entrance... but otherwise all went pretty good I thought.....

We have been given our settlement date, but I will keep that to ourselves and let you all know once we are in.... I will get some more pics over the next few days as the fix ups are happening....

4 comments:

madmel said...

I reckon you're moving in RIGHT NOW!!!!!!! Your pad looks awesome - you must be so happy with it! Did you get Kevin for the final inspection or did you trust yourselves to pick up most things?

xMel

zantdoit said...

Hey Gav/Vanessa... Glad to hear you made it to final Inspection... House looks great, but i am disappointed that I didnt see any guest rooms :-)

P.S. Vanessa TAG Gav for Anne she says he is 3 emails at least behind...

Lee

Toni said...

Happy to hear that all went well (well as well as can be) for the inspection. Glad that the issues are only minor.

Good luck with handover and the move.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your guys in!

Congrats :-)

madmel said...

C'mon!!! I know you're in there 'cause the dishwasher man told me so!!!!! How's it all going? How are you settling in? Can't wait to hear all about it!

xMel